How Self-Storage Benefits Contractors
As a construction, landscaper, or home improvement contractor, you probably spend more time than you’d like hauling tools and equipment from one (or many) job sites to another.
In addition, you have to worry about things like:
- Where to store your gear (especially if you don’t have a commercial location and don’t want to clutter up your home).
- Protecting your belongings from theft or weather exposure (in case you’re forced to store them at the job site).
Now, you could force your stuff in your basement or garage.
You could also rent or build an expensive warehouse.
Here’s why you should.
The right sized storage unit for your needs
You may have a small collection of hand tools you use every day.
Perhaps you have larger and heavier equipment you count on.
- Use a 5’x10’ unit to store and access small machines like lawnmowers.
- Rent a 10’x10’ unit if you have something larger, like a mobile wood chipper.
- Get an 8’x20’ secure storage space if you have, say, multiple portable cement mixers.
Choosing the right storage unit for your needs is easy because your contractor belongings dictate the best storage unit for you; not the other way around.
If you’re an independent contractor, you’ll want to be able to grab your tools whenever you please.
With a self-storage unit, you’ll have 24/7/365 access to your belongings:
- Need to hit a job site incredibly early? No problem.
- Coming back late after a long day? No problem.
Unlike some rental properties which may place restrictions on when you can get in there, a storage space from #10 Mini Storage is always open and available.
On the other hand, if you have a crew, self-storage allows for limited/restricted access.
You can give all, some, or even none of your employees the ability to visit your self-storage unit. The choice is yours.
Lastly, that access is controlled or protected with things like:
- Individual key code access.
- Records of who entered your unit and how long they were there for.
Contractor tools and equipment costs money.
But it’s what you need to do the job; along with being an investment in your business.
When you’re not with your gear, you want to rest easy knowing they’re safe, secure, and well-protected.
Self-storage does just that with security measures like:
- Key pad access (mentioned above in this blog).
- 24 hour video surveillance.
- Fully gated premises.
That means you’ll never have to worry about the wrong people getting near, essentially, you’re livelihood.
You’ll never have to worry about Mother Nature damaging your equipment (frankly, you just never know).
Store your contractor tools with us
Looking for a central location for your contractor tools?
Interested in conveniently and safely storing important (or even sensitive) equipment that’s vital to your business?
You can start right now by: