Happy Holidays from Ten Mini Storage
It’s hard to believe that it’s already December. It seems like just yesterday we were ringing in 2018.
From the team at Ten Mini Storage, thank you for trusting us to store and protect your belongings. It’s been our privilege to serve you in 2018 and we look forward to continuing to do so in 2019.
As the year wraps up, it’s a good time to look back at our most popular blogs. Now is the perfect opportunity to get a quick refresher, or to check them out if you missed them the first time.
February: How to Budget for Self-Storage
Smart budgeting for self-storage helps you accomplish the following:
- Get the right-sized unit for your needs
- Ensure you have your storage unit for as long as you need it
- Plan for billing cycles (at Ten Mini Storage, prices are based on a 4-week rental period, excluding tire storage)
If you’re planning to rent a storage space in 2019, budgeting in advance goes a long way to making it a smooth, stress-free experience.
March: How Self-Storage Benefits Contractors
Contractors can use self-storage to keep vehicles, tools, and equipment safe, secure, and out-of-the-way.
But there are other advantages too, such as having:
- A variety of storage sizes to choose from
- Controlled access
- Tight security measures
If you’re a contractor and wondering where to put all the equipment that is so important to your business, a storage unit could be what you need.
May: How Self-Storage Can Help You Have a Successful Garage Sale
May is one of the most popular months of the year to have a garage sale. And access to a storage unit gives you a better chance for garage sale success because:
- Your driveway is kept clear of large, bulky, hard-to-sell items
- It helps you identify serious buyers (anyone willing to visit your storage unit)
- You can get organized and ready to sell well in advance
Something that many people wonder about is whether having a garage sale at your storage unit is a good idea.
The answer, of course, can be found in May 2018’s blog.
August: Late Summer Self-Storage Tips
Although summer is long behind us, there are still some helpful tips you can use almost anytime you visit your storage unit:
- Box inspection
- Rearranging the items inside your unit
- Revising your storage unit list
- Seeing how the weather impacts your belongings
October: 4 Benefits of Tire Storage
Many people struggle to find space to store their off-season tires; especially in winter when they want to keep the garage clear and accessible.
Dry, secure tire storage makes everything easy because it:
- Frees up space at home
- Tags your tires and keeps them safe
- Is very affordable (only $39.95 for 6 months here at Ten Mini Storage)
If you haven’t yet switched your warm-weather tires and are wondering where to put them, tire storage is right for you.
Holiday storage tips
Are you doing the holiday hosting this year? If so, follow these tips to make things a little easier and a lot more organized:
- Plan ahead: School plays, work parties, family dinners, and other commitments eat up a lot of time. Track everything you’ll be attending and know what, if anything, you need to bring.
- Declutter and store: As you decorate your home, declutter along the way. Don’t need it? Get rid of it. Anything you do need to keep should be safely put away in a storage space.
- Don’t overbuy: Whether it’s for you or family and friends, don’t buy too much. That way, you keep more money in your pocket and more free space at home.
- Create a gift wrapping area: If you wrap gifts in the bedroom, kitchen, living room, and basement, you’ll have scissors, tape, and ribbon scattered all throughout your house. Dedicate one section of the house to handle your gift wrapping needs.
Thanks for a great 2018. See you in 2019!
Once again, thank you for a terrific 2018. We wish you nothing but the best for the season and leading into the New Year.
Remember, you can contact us anytime with your questions about our storage units. We’ll get back to you quickly with the answers and information you need.
Happy Holidays everyone!